Based in Berlin, Germany
January 1, 2014
The #gamesweekberlin is the leading cross-industry communication and networking platform for games business, development and culture in Europe. Over seven days, the umbrella brand combines multiple events for industry representatives and game enthusiasts alike. Every year in April more than 10.000 international and German game developers, publishers, investors and representatives of public institutions and the media industry as well as gamers, families and fans come to Berlin.
The #gamesweekberlin was founded in 2014 by Booster Space and is the successor event of DGT - Deutsche Gamestage - an event initiated by the Medienboard Berlin-Brandenburg in 2007. It was founded in cooperation with the Quo Vadis conference, the A MAZE. / Berlin festival, the Gamefest am Computerspielemuseum and the Matchmaking Dinner. Since then more and more events are joining the umbrella brand to connect games business, technology and culture and showcase the diversity of games as a medium. The #gamesweekberlin 2017 runs from April 24-30. It includes the four founding events: the games business and development conference Quo Vadis, the independent video games festival A MAZE. / Berlin, the Gamefest at the Computerspielemuseum, and the VIP Matchmaking Dinner. Back in 2017 is the high-profile Opening Summit of the #gamesweekberlin! Satellite events include for gamers: Making Games Festival, Game Cinema, Womenize! Tech, Digital Business and Media; for professionals: Researching Games Barcamp, APITS Day and the Berlin Games Breakfast. In cooperation with the german computer games award, Deutscher Computerspielpreis, which takes place on April 26. Journalists registering as press have access to all official partner conferences.
- 11 events in one week in Berlin.
- Connecting business, technology and culture.
- Opening Summit, Quo Vadis, A MAZE., Gamefest, Making Games Festival, Game Cinema, researching Games, APITs, Womenize! workshops, Berlin Games Breakfast, Matchmaking Dinner, in cooperation with Deutscher Computerspielpreis.
- Joint press accreditation.
- Conferences, games, party, networking.
Review 2016 YouTube
Trailer Opening Summit 2017 YouTube
There are currently no screenshots available for #gamesweekberlin. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Logo & Icon
- "Games Week Berlin is a key event for Amazon Appstore in Germany. We appreciate the unique gaming culture that it brings to Berlin, and value the high quality developers that are present. With so diverse and interesting events going on during the week, there’s something for anyone interested in games."
- Carlos Lievano, Sr Marketing Manager, Amazon Appstore, Amazon Developers
- "It’s wonderful to see Berlin becoming one of Europe’s major hubs for game development. Having more and more relevant players in the the industry flock to Berlin for International Games Week once a year is a great indicator of this development. Especially events like Quo Vadis and Womenize offer great opportunities for companies like Wooga to discuss relevant topics such as the latest trends in game development or how to make our industry more diverse and welcoming for everyone."
- Jens Begemann, Founder and CEO, Wooga, Wooga
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About Booster Space
What we do? Developing experiences for people. We at Booster Space are responsible for tech and game events. You may have heard of #gamesweekberlin, VR NOW Con Awards and gamescom congress. That’s all us. We believe in the transformative power of digital interactive media. In games and VR and other things that make you visit places. We want to give people insights in what drives us. Still we try not to get overexcited and put hype and trends in context, most of the times successfully. We develop brands, curate programs and execute them on-site. It’s like thinking with a thousand heads and speaking with a thousand mouths. Online networks, start-ups, developers, politics, media and cultural leaders come and listen. We also develop games. It’s how we personally create our own experiences. We are based in Kreuzberg. Last time we checked the district was still the most vibrant part of Berlin. Living here teaches us that things and people are connected. We believe in these connections – of business, technology and culture, how innovations have an impact on society and vice versa. We do love this shit. Have a word with us.
More information on Booster Space, our logo & relevant media are available here.
CEO and Founder
Freelance Event Manager
Design and Events
Visuals Opening Summit
Michael Liebe, Booster Space
Adam Streck, Duel VR
Kathrin Steinbrenner, Press
Twitter Booster Space
Twitter Duel VR
Facebook Booster Space
Facebook Duel VR
Facebook Game Cinema
Facebook VR NOW Con